Tuesday, November 05, 2002

:: Whiners? ::

I read an article this weekend in the local paper reprinted from Canadian Press that reported Pat Buchanan saying that Canada is a "Soviet Canukistahn" and that Canadians are "whiners".

While wondering how to post a properly reflective something about this, I came across Rob's Nov 1/2002 post (scroll down - it's the one below the big maple leaf).

Two different sides to the story. I'm still trying to find another though, preferably refuting Buchanan but from an American's perspective.

While you're on Rob's site, pause and scroll down the page a bit for a comedic break. Read (or re-read) the lyrics to the excellent "I am Canadian" rant from the now-famous Molson Canadian beer commercial.

A plea: If you have a link to the aforementioned beer commercial where it can be viewed online, please send it to me. I want to present this commercial in class for critical analysis.

No comments: