Thursday, November 28, 2002

:: Presenting...the blogosphere! ::

As part 1 of the two part project for which this blog came into existence, I did a presentation in my COMZ class tonight on blogging as a form of resistance against the corporatized Internet. I promised a few people that I'd post the links to the blogs I showcased in my presentation, so here they are....



And the 15th and final blog shown was this one… I-Space.

It was a weird thing trying to sum up the totality of experience and activity from the blogsphere in a mere 10 minute presentation. Even with keeping the screen snaps of various blogs down to a mere 15 and showing them for only 4 seconds each (paltry and insignificant exposure given their scope), I walked back to my chair feeling sort of...let down, unsatisfied, deflated. So much more to be said. Guess that means I need to keep blogging even after the professor's vote on my scholastics are in. That way I can keep on thinking about all of this and keep on participating in the medium that is the blogging.

If any of you reading this are fellow Concordia students who were in class today...welcome! I recommend sideways-surfing through the sites above, at left or through any of their link lists. I also urge you go to Blogger.com and get your own blogspace. Doesn't matter what the topic is -- be it based on your knowledge or interest in shark attacks, truth in advertising, gender and identity, rap music, graffiti, 'zines, or whatever. Get online. Create your own meanings and pleasures. Keep the word alive.

Peace! out...

No comments: