Sunday, November 17, 2002

:: Reading for fun, not marks ::


While diving into various blogs today, I followed a link from Jessa Crispin's Bookslut to a book review website called Bookmunch.

Wow! I've just spent one hour and hundreds of dollars (in my head, anyway) on wonderful books, based on Bookmunch reviews. My hubby will probably walk out on me though if I spend one more loonie at Amazon.ca or Indigo.ca on books (before Christmas anyway).

Perhaps I should add in a little section over there on the left that says what I'm reading now and what I'm hoping to read next, like I've seen on Rebecca Blood's blog or on Bookslut.

I have to say that I can completely identify with the term "bookslut". It completely describes me. Now if only I had time away from my sociology and mass communications required reading from Concordia to spend reading the increasing stack of books for fun that I'm accumulating. I'm jonesing to read Digital Dialectic: New Essays on New Media, At Swim Two Boys or re-read Factoring Humanity and Snow Crash.

When is my next vacation?

No comments: