Saturday, November 23, 2002

:: Confessions of an Apple fan::

In a flu-induced, Neocitran-enhanced break with the actual topic of this blogspace, I feel compelled to share a link to this great satirical video clip (requires Quicktime plugin to view). It's a parody of the Apple switch ads, and it's about an American guy named John who "switches" to Canada. I found it via ni vu ni connu who found it on Emmanulle's blog who found it...well you get the picture...

While I'm posting this, I guess I'll spill that I used to be a huge Macintosh booster, until a powerful former employer forced me over to the Dark Side. A few Thinkpads and clone desktops later, I'm still a reluctant PC user, and I still have a soft spot for Macs. Taking this into consideration, then, it shouldn't be too surprising that I've always loved Apple ads.

Is that a bad thing for a Mass Communications student to say? That there is any advertising out there that I find enjoyable?

(We use Macs in class, so hopefully it's not too bad a confession and won't prevent me from getting that almighty-A for this project.)

My own favourite Apple switch ad is the one with Christmas-saving Janie Porche.

Do you have a favourite??

No comments: