Friday, November 01, 2002

:: So just what _is_ a blog, anyway?::

Paralysis and worry has set in.

As I surf sideways through dozens of blogs, jumping from one to another, I'm struck by just how dissimilar they are. Call me naive, if you want, but somehow, when I started this project, I had the silly impression that most blogs would kind of be the same...pithy observances of the media, the net and their personal lives, posted in reverse chronological order, with tons of links to other sites just like themselves.

Needless to say, that isn't the case, as I've discovered. The hard way. There's journalism blogs, personal diary blogs, link clearinghouses, stream of consciousness blogs, blogging-for-profit blogs, flogging-my-blog blogs...the list of differences seem endless.

Case in point ….(cue refrain from the famous Sesame Street song)…

What do these three have in common other than that they all are blogs of some kind?

Nowarblog.org
Pickupyourowndamnsocks!
Starkdavingmad

Answer? Nothing, to my eyes.

Now what?

Drat.

No comments: