Friday, November 29, 2002

:: Let it snow! ::

I love how the light looks on an evening when it's snowing. It's brighter outside then usual for this time of November night, almost as if there is a bit of sparkle in the sky.

And the snow! It's so beautiful right now, before the people start marking it with footprints and the cars start churning it into grey-beige furrows. Everything is cloaked in this light fluffy cloud of snow, edges softened, colours muted. The trees look like they're wearing a light coat of starry whiteness and there is the smell of of crisp winter in the air, tinged a bit with the scent of woodsmoke from my neighbour's wood-burning fireplace.

Nights like this make me want to be a kid again, whose only care is whether or not Mom would let me take my Crazy Carpet out to the dike behind my childhood home to zoom and swoosh down the steep hill, over and over and over again.

Wonder what the neighbours around the street would say at the sight of a woman making snow angels in front of her condo building at 10:00 at night?

No comments: