Monday, October 31, 2005

Shortlist getting shorter

My slog into research on potential grad schools and their requirements for a grad student continues. Amazing how many different hoops have to be jumped through - I really hope my references will come along for the ride.

I had a chat this afternoon with an alumni of the Communications department at University of Massachusetts - Amherst who is now a professor at Concordia. His input and feedback were very enlightening and fanned the flames of my desire go to UMass.

(He has also suggested Concordia's own Communication program. I like the idea of not having to sell my house and move right away, but I'm not sure there is anyone there interested in the same things as I am. Still worth keeping in mind...)

Plus the discovery of the joint York University / Ryerson University MA in Communications and Culture has got me rethinking the need to go to the USA.

So as of today, I'm kicking off a Grad School Shortlist over there on the right ---->

I've whittled that list down to 5 schools from an original group of somewhere between 12 and 16. Ideally I'd like it to be even shorter, but the application deadlines just won't allow it. Current cities then are Toronto, Amherst (MA), Calgary, Vancouver and Washington, DC.

If you have opinions about any of the programs and/or schools listed, do drop me a note.

No comments: