Thursday, March 31, 2005

HICSS conference submission

I submitted an abstract to the HICSS conferencefor the Persistent Conversation minitrack and got accepted. Hawaii in January - good. Not knowing what awaits me there in terms of audience and slant- not so good. This is far from being a purely sociological audience.

I do hope I get into this AIR conference in October based on my Fear & Risk paper, so that I have at least one under my belt that is more purely digital research before doing HICSS.

Funny that I'm nervous a bit. I've done presentations weekly for the last 10 years on a whole range of topics, with large and small groups, executives and students alike. I would normally tell you that I'm just fine with public speaking, no stage fright, no maam, not me. But this one intimidates me a bit - I admit I didn't expect to get accepted.

Now I have to write the paper and it's due June 15. What's that hoary saying? Nothing hurts like success? I'm feeling the success.

No comments: