Sunday, April 01, 2007

Paper accepted to AoIR 8.0

I got my Second Life political economy analysis paper accepted to the Association of Internet Researcher's annual conference, "Let's Play!", which takes place in Vancouver this year, October 18-20.

I'm pleased about this, obviously, though one reviewer's comment gave me pause. The comment basically put down my paper for being a theoretical exploration rather than an "empirical study". Since I don't remember ever hearing that AoIR discourages theoretical exploration of topics, I found this a curious admonishment.

At the same time, if this is a standard view of what AoIR's conferences are supposed to be about, I guess it shouldn't surprise me that the last AoIR conference I attended was skewed so heavily to presentations of quantitative data.

No comments: