Friday, April 20, 2007

Who does Google think I am?

While googling myself today as part of an exercise to see how well social networking sites work to make one visible on the net (part of a project I'm working on), I found an entry in the results from Terra Nova.

Surprised and a bit nonplussed, I clicked over to find this topic thread from last November, quoting something I'd said on the GameCODE blog.

Wow.

Considering the cred of Terra Nova, I'm now awed and humbled.

But I also found this listing at All Academics, referencing the paper I presented last summer at the American Sociological Assocation annual meeting. What is All Academic? It is the conference submission system that ASA used for the paper submissions. What I'm not sure about is why it has my paper info archived that way. Very odd.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I actually like the details offered by All Academics - I like the fact that they used the word count system (I believe this is part of a coding software used to coding interviews etc. we talked alot about them in my methods class).

I find it helpful when browsing for a particular topic, Ibcan see how often a paper actually refers to the key words within the text. I like it cause it would convince me to keep reading or give up. I don't know how many times I have found something through keywords only to find out they use the word in the introduction twice and never really talk about it later...

(*can you tell I am procrastinating today!?!?)