Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Finding the Bard online

When I was in high school, I was in love with English. The subject and the language. Despite the extra long near-daily English classes the Manitoba government stipulated as a requirement for university-entrance-level students and despite the constant grumbling of my fellow students, I loved that course. In particular, I loved Shakespeare.

Heading into university that first time around, as a fresh idealistic 20 year old, I majored in English and I deliberately took every Shakespearean-themed course I could find. Of course, it meant long hours in the library reading the secondary literature around the Bard.

I'm curious as to what a difference to me then it would have made to have had access to online resources such as this Shakespeare search engine. How much better would my papers have been?

No comments: