Tuesday, January 17, 2006

New addition to my family

After a looooong day on campus in three intense three-hour-per class classes, I gingerly made my way back to my car, chipped it free of ice, drove carefully home in yet another Montreal ice storm and wearily dropped all my stuff at the front door. I was looking forward to just making a cup of tea and settling into my bed to watch some TV on my laptop.

But there it was.

The box, sitting all innocently on my table. The return address? Somewhere in Alabama. Was it...?

My heart started to race.

I force myself to calmly walk to the gadget drawer in the kitchen, find a paring knife, slit open the packing tape. Pop open the top. Rummage through the peanuts.

Allelujah! Yesss!!

My new 30GB iPod has arrived. The new addition to my family of tech toys is here!

I got it from eBay at a good price for a Canadian (hence the Alabama return address). As I therefore didn't get a colour choice, I ended up getting it in white. I don't mind.

Only odd thing is that it doesn't come with a way to power it independently of the computer. Luckily I have gadgets and cables for it that are universal and can be appropriated from my mini, which I'm now selling.

I can actually fit my entire iTunes library on this baby. Wow!

Is it dorky to be so in love with a probably-over-hyped piece of technology?

Call me guilty, then.

No comments: