Sunday, November 13, 2005

On my plate

I got asked today what I'm working on at the moment. Rather than repeating it to a few people, I thought I'd blog it.

My writing plate as of today:
  • Paper - How digital fan fiction communities allow adolescent females to transcend the uncertainty and stigma of their changing female bodies while remaining firmly entrenched in their bedroom princessdoms. (For a Youth Culture course)
  • Paper - How commodification of diamonds has led to the right hand diamond ring as part of a social system of identity presentation for successful, independent career women. (For a Material Culture course)
  • Presentation - The social system of the right hand diamond ring. (For the material culture course)
  • Paper - The acceleration of the use and destruction of time through the dominance of the mass culture system over high culture (For a Contemporary Social Theory course)
  • 1 mid-term exam (Field Research) and two finals (Youth Culture; Womb to Tomb: Psychological Development through the Life Span)
  • Five grad school applications, with their letters of intent or statements of purpose.
  • Phase II of the GameCODE website.
I think I needed to see it presented this way, in a list. Now I can recognize that I have a lot to do in the next 30 days and perhaps I'll stop procrastinating?

yeah....right...sounds good though hmmm? Everyone needs goals!

No comments: