Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Academic career greenlighted

April has been an odd month, full of trials and tribulations.

I will stop working for big Pharma next month and will start concentrating solely on my academic advancement and career. I've waited for this for a long time and it seems the day is fast approaching.

Also, to my shock, awe and no small amount of nervousness, my paper "Fear, Risk in the Digital Anomaly" got accepted to the Association of Internet Researcher's annual conference "Internet Research 6.0: Internet Generations" in Chicago in the fall!

Here I am in the listings and here's the abstract that I submitted.

Luckily the paper itself is already written, as I'm taking four courses in May and June so I expect to be up to my ears in writing for sociology and poli sci courses.

As I mentioned here a few weeks back, I'm also working on a paper for the HICSS annual conference in Hawaii in January 2006 - my abstract got accepted there too. Deadline for it is June 15 and my ethnography is barely started. Eeps!

The next 12 months will be very busy and hopefully rewarding.

No comments: