Thursday, April 28, 2005

Research process

Since I'm about to finish my last exam of the semester and start into the heavy research phase for my Alley Talk paper for HICSS, I started refreshing my memory on the research process, per what I learned in one of my classes last semester.

Seems I'm not the only one doing this - much talk about this on the AoIR list lately, which yielded this excellent overview of a good and manageable research process for the social sciences. Yes it is one person's account of how he does research, but I find it to be fairly solid.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks pretty comprehensive and straightforward (as per the writting style) This is what Anouk called "mapping the field". We spent 4 weeks doing this. I have some decent handouts if you are interested.

Sashay said...

I'd love to see what handouts you've got on this! As research will be lifeblood for us both over the next few years, I guess the better I get at it, the easier it will be to do hmmm? :-)