Thursday, October 16, 2003

:: "Hi Honey! I'm home...!" ::


Wow. It's been a long time. I'm actually rather intimidated by how long it has been since I've posted. Scary how easy it is to drop off the curve and slide into obscurity, to allow your piece of I-Space to shuffle off its coil, in a manner of speaking that mangles the Bard.

Well, I'm resurrecting it. Thanks to a person in my life who has encouraged me a lot lately to read widely on things that interest me and then to write about what I'm reading and how I'm reacting to it, here I am. Again.

So how will this time be different? Yes I'm still sort of blogging for marks, so that's not new. I'm still interested in the same themes of power, agency, individuality, identity and active resistance to the "force of domination". And yes I'm still very influenced by De Certeau and Hall, though I am starting to also get very fascinated by Foucault, thanks to a book called "What's the Matter with the Internet?" by Mark Poster.

I guess what's different then is me. I'm a year older and wiser ( I think/hope) and without an obvious mark at the end to get from doing this blogging thing, I will hopefully be a lot less pretentious and a lot freer to express myself in whatever voice I choose to adopt, even if that voice today is different from the one I will use next week or next month.

So...I'm going to try to shake off the feeling that I'm just indulging myself in the ultimate conceit of navel-gazing by doing this blogging thing and am going to just start doing it again.

I hope.

Stay tuned ::

[ Oh...and if you were curious or cared to know...remember how I started this blog as part of a project for a cultural studies course? Yeah? Well...I got an A+! Wahayy! *grin* ]

No comments: