Thursday, December 29, 2005

Value of the intangible

As I recover from a long and hellish December spent writing umpteen pages of essays for various courses, not to mention many application letters for grad school, I am looking ahead to the new semester that starts next week and considering what it means....my last one. Of my BA. Last one. Wow.

It's got me thinking about all the work I have done to get to this point. All the pages I've read of theory and articles. All the pages I've written of theory and ideas and garbage (sometimes). What of it is valuable? What is worth keeping? What would happen if I lost it? If my laptop got stolen?

Stories like this one about a stolen master thesis remind me that I should use the spanky new 200gb external drive I got for Christmas to back up the contents of my Uni folder. Also suggests that I should subscribe to a service like Xdrive when I head into thesis writing land later in the semester, when it is time for me to write up the results of the research project I'll be spearheading.

No comments: