Saturday, July 30, 2005

Snippets and bits

Yes I'm alive. Yes I'm back from camping. Yes it was good.

But, despite all my fitness training these last four months to strengthen my back, I hurt myself. Again.

More precisely, I strained my back and might have been able to work it out if it weren't for the fact that 5 days after I got back, I hitched a ride in the backseat of an Echo with some pals who were heading to Niagara Falls but I got off in Oshawa to visit an old pal. I then spent 9 hours walking around a huge mall in flip flops toting heavy Williams & Sonoma bags full of margarita mix, guacomole mix and measuring spoons. That, plus lugging heavy luggage aboard the VIA train home and then trying to remove it from the luggage storage area and *rrrriiip!* there it went.

I've been "convalescing" ever since, trying to get it back in shape.

So this week's variety of posts will be snippets and bits of things I've been thinking about or reading. I'll put them all down, rather than saving them for individual posts, as I won't be online much in the next two weeks - more travel and camping is forthcoming.

No comments: