Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election Day USA

No doubt that is the headline that will scream across newspapers and stream across television screens in the US today. Election Day. Time for change. Time to vote.

I'm Canadian so I can't vote in this one, as badly as I want to do something to show that I believe Bush needs to be turfed.

Instead, I have to sit on the sidelines and hope that people like my hero Derek can make enough of a difference to turf Bush.

Derek speaks of his usual approach to politics and news. As often happens with him, his views and attitudes mirror my own. He says:
I treat politics like dog shit on the sidewalk - I avoid it as much as possible, but every once in a while I forget and get some on my shoe. Then I hope the stink doesn't linger too long.But not this year. Because this year, even someone half paying attention has to see that George W. Bush is destroying America. A pointless war, a tanking economy, and a job market as bad as any I've ever seen. Clinton may have embarrassed us with a stain on a dress, but Bush has embarrassed with a stain on the world.

(To read Derek's entire post, go here...)

If you're American and you're reading this, please vote. I'm gambling on the fact that if you're American and you read my space often, you're a lot like Derek and me, and you wouldn't be voting for Bush. So -- go! vote! please!

Make a difference on election day. Put an X on the Democratic ballot on my behalf.

No comments: